Monday, December 10, 2012

Crocheted Slippers for Frugal, Cute, and Quick Christmas Gifts!



Looking for a cute, frugal and quick Christmas gift to make? I found an adorable pattern for crocheted slippers over on Redheart.  I made a little bit of an alteration to the border around the top of the slippers and instead did a picot border.   These cuties take less than a skein of yarn. Actually you could probably get several pairs of slippers out of one skein. The trim around the border and leaf take just a very small amount of yarn. 

I'm now on my second pair and since I loved the color combination of the slippers on the Redheart yarn site I am making another pair in that colorway now. But since this pair is a Christmas gift I wanted to crochet them in Christmas colors.  

If you would like to make a pair of these slippers check out the Redheart yarn Cottage Slippers by clicking on this pattern. You have plenty of time to make a few pairs of these before Christmas!

Are you making any handmade gifts for Christmas? Please share! I'd love to know!  What are you making?

Linking up at:
http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/2012/12/transformation-thursday-no-182.html

http://frugallysustainable.com/2012/12/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-57/

http://www.everblossom.net/2012/12/homemade-holiday-gifts-link-up-your.html

4 comments:

  1. These are really cute. My sister's mother in law used to make her slippers a lot and my sister would give me some as well. They were always fun to wear. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Nancy. I had an aunt that used to make slippers too. Brought back some good memories as I was making them!

      Delete
  2. OOOOOHHHHHH these are so cute! TFS, Kat

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!